Register  Login

Click here to go to vomtroimagazine.com
Supporters

Love Quotes, Sayings, Phrases...- Ngạn Ngữ hay, cho Tình-Yêu

Những chuyện Tình-yêu, nụ cười & nước mắt

Love Quotes, Sayings, Phrases...- Ngạn Ngữ hay, cho Tình-Yêu

Postby BelleNuit » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Lao-Tzu

To love someone deeply gives you strength.
Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
---
Lão Tử dạy:

Yêu một Người sâu đậm, sẽ cho Bạn Sức-Mạnh.
Được một Người Yêu sâu sắc, sẽ cho Bạn lòng Can-đảm.

(BelleNuit tạm dịch)
BelleNuit

I am: Writer

Re: Love Quotes, Sayings, Phrases...- Ngạn Ngữ hay, cho Tình

Postby BelleNuit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

There are souls... very jealous though never love!
There are hearts ... not jealous though very in love...

NBN

-------

Có những tâm hồn... rất ghen tuông dẫu không yêu thương!
Có những trái tim không ghen tuông... dẫu rất yêu thương...

NBN

(BelleNuit tạm dịch)
BelleNuit

Postby BelleNuit » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am

Following is BelleNuit's most loved quote:

- Everything that I understand, I understand only because I love...

Leo Tolstoy

... meanwhile, here is the revised version of NBN
- Everything that I understand, I understand only because I love ... and because I care...

Tạm dịch:
- Tất cả những gì tôi đã hiểu, tôi hiểu được, là vì tôi yêu thương ...

Đây là lời dặn dò của nhà hiền triết Leo Tolstoy mà BelleNuit thích nhất.
Dưới đây là câu Danh-Ngôn đã được NBN chăm chút thêm ...

- Tất cả những gì tôi đã hiểu, tôi hiểu được, là vì tôi yêu thương... và vì... tôi quan tâm
BelleNuit

Postby BelleNuit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Tristan & Isolde, The medieval romantic Legend ...

Tristan: "... I don't know if life is greater than death. But love was more than either."
BelleNuit

Postby BelleNuit » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am

nbn - love (Custom) (2).jpg
Perfect - Love* Tình Yêu - Tuyệt mỹ
nbn - love (Custom) (2).jpg (20.39 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
BelleNuit

Postby From Emails » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Câu chuyện THẬT về tình yêu và hôn nhân thời nay

Courtesy to Thoi-Nay.com
A. Quang

Sau 70 năm sống chung bên nhau,
bà Jean và ông Lawrence chỉ có 1 từ để diễn tả
... đó là TÌNH YÊU

Hai ông bà gặp nhau năm 1936 - 3 năm trước Chiến Tranh Thế Giới thứ 2. Họ đám cưới vào ngày 18 tháng 3, 1944.

Ông Lauwrence là binh sĩ được gởi tới Đức trong thời chiến tranh. Ông ta bị thương. Ông Lauwrence viết thư tình cho bà Jean mỗi ngàỵ Và hiện nay bà vẫn còn giữ các bức thư đó.

Sau chiến tranh, họ sống cùng nhau tới hôm nay tại État du Maine.

Bà Jean tâm sự "Ông Lawrence tặng tôi chiếc nhẫn cưới Kim cương và tôi luôn đeo nó bên mình".

Ái tình, ái tình, ái tình là tất cả. Yêu nhau say đắm và mãi yêu thương quan tâm nhau. Yêu làm hạnh phúc. Đó là tất cả.

Tháng 12 năm 2013, 1 cặp vợ chồng ở Nova Scotia chúc mừng 78 năm hôn nhân bên nhau và xác nhận - tình yêu và hạnh phúc khi ở chung - đó là lý do họ sống bên nhau sau nhiều thập niên.

From Emails

I am: Reader

Postby BelleNuit » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Brewer couple celebrates their 70 wedding anniversary

Submitted by Around Town Web Staff
Tuesday, March 18th, 2014, 7:02pm

BREWER, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- Jean and Lawrence Lyford celebrated their 70 wedding anniversary Tuesday, and they are just as in love now as the day they said "I do."

Jean Lyford said, "We always went every place together; went to football games, basketball games..."

"Went to football games? I played football!" said her husband, Bud Lyford.

The Lyfords, Jean and Lawrence, better known as Bud, met in the beginning of high school in 1936 and have been together ever since. They got married seventy years ago Tuesday, March 18 in 1944. The two were only in college when Bud asked Jean to marry him one Christmas.

"We sat together in a special room. I had a diamond ring, and I asked her then if she would be willing to be my wife. And she accepted," said Bud.

"I've got my diamond he gave me and I've got my wedding ring and I've never had my wedding ring off," said Jean.

But by that time the nation was heavily involved in to World War Two. And like many men, Bud couldn't avoid the draft.

"Bud went to the university of Maine, but of course the army caught up with him. So, he had to quit Maine and go in the army," said Jean.

That's when she almost lost the love of her life. While in Germany, Bud was seriously wounded by exploding shrapnel. He crawled into a cellar and hid from German soldiers just in time.

"They went right by me and never saw me and left, or I would not be here today," Bud said.

Bud made it home safely. Back to his wife and his brand new baby girl. He wrote to Jean every day while overseas, and she still has all those love letters.

When asked what makes a marriage last for 70 years, Jean and Bud knew exactly what to say.

"Well personally I think that we just were meant to be," said Jean.

"Love. Love. Love does it. We love each other immensely. And always have," said Bud.

Bud and Jean Lyford will celebrate their 70th anniversary on March 18, 2014.

Long-Married Couple's Secret To Marital Happiness Is So Simple It's Beautiful
LOVE Has Kept Them Together For 70 Years

After 70 years of wedded bliss, Jean and Lawrence "Bud" Lyford have discovered the secret to a happy marriage -- and it's simpler than you think.

The couple -- who just celebrated their 70th anniversary on March 18 -- met in high school back in 1936, but didn't tie the knot until 1944, after Bud proposed the Christmas prior.

"We sat together in a special room. I had a diamond ring, and I asked her then if she would be willing to be my wife. And she accepted," Bud told WLBZ News in Bangor, Maine.

"I've got my diamond he gave me and I've got my wedding ring and I've never had my wedding ring off," Jean added.

The couple has been together ever since -- even enduring time apart during WWII, where Bud served in the military and almost lost his life. While away, he wrote to his wife everyday -- love letters Jean still has to this day.

When asked what makes their marriage so strong, Jean quickly answered, "Well personally I think we were just meant to be." But Bud had a different answer, interjecting, "Love. Love. Love does it. We love each other immensely and always have."

In high school, Bud Lyford was considered something of a catch, his wife, Jean Lyford, will have you know.

"All the girls were after him," she recalled recently at their Brewer home. The fullback was the first football player from Brewer High School to be chosen for the All-State team, back when "Dana Daugherty was the coach."

Bud listened as Jean told of how he used to walk her home for lunch each day. I didn't ask them where they lived, but found their households easily in the 1940 Census.

and photo 3: Jean and Lawrence Lyford.
Lawrence C. Lyford lived on Harlow with his father, Albert L. Lyford, a railroad conductor, and mother, Doris, who became known in later decades for her writings about her growing-up years. Jean M. Thompson lived on State with her parents, Arthur C. Thompson, a foreman, and mother, Letty, and younger sister Ellen.
The census also listed ages and even the highest grade each completed. While Bud and Jean were still in high school, with Jean about to graduate, sister Ellen Thompson had completed eighth grade the previous year.

After Jean graduated in 1940 and headed off to Gorham to become a teacher, Bud graduated in 1941, going off to the University of Maine, where he played football. Did they go their separate ways, you wonder?

If you live in the Brewer area, no doubt you remember Thompson and Lyford Hardware, so you'll guess that Bud and Jean got married, which indeed they did in 1944, a fact easily confirmed by the Maine Marriage Index online at maine.gov/sos/arc.

Bud has a Purple Heart from wounds suffered while in the Army in Europe during World War II, which is part of the love story of the Lyfords. A ship brought the wounded to Canada, where they were loaded onto a hospital train with some 100 wounded bound for Massachusetts. The train, of course, would make a stop in Bangor at Union Station. Jean knew the day, but not when.

She made three trips to Union Station that day with baby Susan, hoping to not only see Bud, but to introduce him to the daughter he hadn't yet met. Three trips, but no train. Finally, that evening, a cold and rainy evening, Jean decided to go to Union Station, but didn't take Susan.

Jean and Bud both laugh a little as each one recalls Bud saying, "Where's the baby?"

Then Bud adds of his wife, "We were able to see each other for the first time in a long, long time."

Only recently did I sit down with Bud and ask him about how he got his Purple Heart, and the military service that took him away from the University of Maine. Lyford joined the U.S. Army in 1942, and after basic received training at Camp Benning in Georgia and Camp Carson in Colorado. He was placed with the 104th Infantry Division, known as the Timberwolf Division.

His company started off in Belgium, Lyford said, "where we took part at Antwerp, which was absolutely necessary for Patton." The troops moved on to Holland and then a town called Inden in Germany.

"An .88 shell from a German tank exploded in front of me," Lyford recalled, "and shredded between the radial and ulnar nerve in my arm." To control the bleeding, he took off his belt and made a tourniquet around his arm.

"The battle was going on right out in the street," he said, "and I saw an old house across the street. I went down in the cellar and found a couple of old blankets, and kind of covered myself."

His hearing had been damaged, as well, but there was no mistaking the sound of heavy boots coming closer.

"I heard three Germans come down the stairs. It was a dark cellar, thank goodness," Lyford said. He made himself as small and quiet as he could, "and then I heard those clogging boots go upstairs."

"I thanked almighty God that somehow, the soldiers turned and headed the other way," he said, adding another of his war memories, "Those German tiger tanks, I can see them in my sleep."

Lyford was tended to by the American medics and evacuated to a hospital just behind the lines. He was flown to Paris, and then to England, where he was hospitalized for some time with infection before being sent to Scotland and back to England before being shipped home.

The soldier made sergeant, "but I never got the rank," he said.

Back in Brewer, the Lyfords raised not only Susan, but Peter, and were blessed with grandchildren and grandchildren. They also are fond of the city of Brewer and the University of Maine beyond measure. The city of Brewer a few years ago named them Citizens of the Year.

I met Jean many years ago in Frances Dighton Williams Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, a chapter that both Jean and sister Ellen Hayes have served as regent.

Jean and Bud are subjects of Family Ties today because I want to encourage readers to look up relatives or even themselves in the 1940 Census, and because I want us to take the opportunity to interview World War II veterans while we can. Most of all, I want to wish Bud and Jean Lyford a happy 70th anniversary on March 18.
BelleNuit

Postby Thành Cát Tư Bản » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Tuyệt chiêu nịnh vợ, người yêu,

Em hỏi anh: "Anh yêu em bao lâu".

Anh nói: 4 ngày.
Em hỏi: "4 ngày nào".
Anh nói: "Mùa xuân, mùa hạ, mùa thu, mùa đông".
Em nói: "Sao nhiều thế anh".
Anh nói: "Vậy thì 3 ngày".

Em lại hỏi ngày nào.

Anh nói: "Hôm wa, hôm nay và ngày mai".
Em trả lời: "Sao em thấy vẫn nhiều".
Anh bảo: "Vậy thì 2 ngày".
Em hỏi "Ngày nào anh nhỉ".
Anh nói: "Ngày chẵn và ngày lẻ".
Em lại nói: "Vẫn cứ nhiều quá".
Anh nói: "Vậy thì một ngày thôi".
Em thắc mắc: "Là ngày nào hả anh".
Anh nói: "Đến ngày anh ko còn sống nữa thì thôi".

;)
Thành Cát Tư Bản

I am: Religious

Return to Love ( joy, pain, tears, smile... all about love)